Melissa Berg Photography was born in 2009 and has grown tremendously in the past three years. I started out photographing babies and children of friends of mine and soon after learned I was pregnant with my first child. I kept going, trying to get as much practice as I could before I knew I would call it quits and evaluate whether or not I wanted to be a business owner while starting a family.
I dabbled in everything I could get my hands on. Babies, Children, Engagements and even Weddings. After my son was born, I dusted off my camera and was obsessed with capturing his many expressions as a baby. Soon after I photographed my first newborn and just fell in love with newborn photography. My inspiration comes from my son and seeing the beautiful work of others like Laura Brett, Keri Meyers, Baby As Art and Amanda Cutler.
In May of 2011 I made the decision to officially go into business and open my photography to “real” clients. I started off shooting natural light but had always had an interest in learning studio lighting. That opportunity came this past winter when I bought my first studio light kit and turned my downstairs bedroom into my own home studio.
I was lucky enough to attend a newborn workshop in March that has brought my work to another level of photography and I’m so thankful for the opportunity and the education. Newborn photography will always be my first love. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you are providing images of such a short and special time that never wants to be forgotten. I aspire to focus on newborns and watch them as they grow building relationships with my clients.
How We Help You Rank
You'll understand SEO.
- The Photographer's SEO Book is the industry standard reference guide for optimizing photography websites.
- The Virtual SEO Workshop is the same one we give to expensive in person seminars.
- Blog Zen SEO and 7 other ebooks and videos.
And get exposure, links, and contacts.
- We promote you from our sites, which means exposure and links.
- Because we promote you, we only work with established, talented photographers and photography-related businesses - those who deserve to rank. We decline membership for those who don't fit. That means you're in a community of equals.