Some might say SEO is not important for photographers, but instead their photographs are the only important thing.
While your photographs are definitely the most important thing you can have for your photography website, there is much more to it.
Top Ranking Click Through
If your website was ranking in the top three results on Google, your traffic will increase dramatically. The third result received 9.5% more click-throughs than fourth and beyond. The first result receives 36.4% click-through than fourth and beyond.
Organic VS. Paid
You might think that paying for ads on Google is better than spending the time to optimize for organic results. However, research shows that organic results are more trusted than paid ads. In addition, would you rather have the average of 2.6% click-throughs of paid ads versus the extra 36.4% from organic results?
Blogging & SEO
First, did you know that about 15% of your website visitors will visit a blog? Did you know that about 70% of your website’s traffic will go straight to a blog article? That’s because blog content gets better rankings than other pages on your website. Unless of course you have optimized specific pages specifically for a keyword…. which is SEO.
By having authorship on your set up on your website, you can increase click-through rates by 30%. That’s an impressive number.
SEO Is Important For Photographers and we encourage you to learn more about it. There are a few ways we have made it available to you:
- Our free blog, which you’re reading right now
- Our free 8-part SEO eClass
- The Photographers SEO Community
- The Photographers SEO Book
- SEO for Photographers: Remember the Basics course on Udemy
- Supercharge Your Photography Website course on Udemy
So as you see, you can get started for free today. Or you could take the plunge and dive into the paid content to keep on learning.
I hope to see you there,
How We Help You Rank
You'll understand SEO.
- The Photographer's SEO Book is the industry standard reference guide for optimizing photography websites.
- The Virtual SEO Workshop is the same one we give to expensive in person seminars.
- Blog Zen SEO and 7 other ebooks and videos.
And get exposure, links, and contacts.
- We promote you from our sites, which means exposure and links.
- Because we promote you, we only work with established, talented photographers and photography-related businesses - those who deserve to rank. We decline membership for those who don't fit. That means you're in a community of equals.