Disavow Links is a tool that will let you import a CSV or Google Docs file with low quality links. These could be:
- Comment spam
- Paid links
- Aggregated feeds
The list can go on…
If you know for certain that there are low quality links coming to your site, and you want to remove them from your website’s SEO equation, then Disavow Links is your tool.
Here is a video from Matt Cutts, of Google on the new Disavow Links tool.
Finding low quality links isn’t a painless task. It involves time and research. Visit your Google Analytics account and review all the inbound referrals for unusual and/or unwanted links.
Be cautious as I mentioned in the video. If you remove good quality links it can hurt your rankings. For more on Disavow Links, visit this article at SEOMoz
Thanks for reading and watching,
How We Help You Rank
You'll understand SEO.
- The Photographer's SEO Book is the industry standard reference guide for optimizing photography websites.
- The Virtual SEO Workshop is the same one we give to expensive in person seminars.
- Blog Zen SEO and 7 other ebooks and videos.
And get exposure, links, and contacts.
- We promote you from our sites, which means exposure and links.
- Because we promote you, we only work with established, talented photographers and photography-related businesses - those who deserve to rank. We decline membership for those who don't fit. That means you're in a community of equals.