Keywords are always a fun topic to explore.
Related search is a fun tool to use on Google.
Why not mix the too, right?
What you will learn in this article is a simple way to find keywords using Google’s Related Searches function.
For this article I will be using New Jersey as the example. But open a new window or tab, and visit Google. Do a search for Your State Photographer (replacing Your State with whatever state you’re in of course)
On the left near the bottom of the menu you will notice a link that says Show Search Tools. Click that and a new panel will drop down. The second link under All Results is Related Searches. Click it.
Once Related Searches is enabled, you will notice that the top of the search results has changed with what looks like new keywords.
What this tells us is that people are searching for these topics.
So going along with the New Jersey Photographer example, other keywords worth considering are New Jersey Wedding Photographers, New Jersey Commercial Photographers and New Jersey Model Photographers. There are many others in the list, but you get the point.
Once you have these keywords written down, what you do with them is another story. Of course, that’s why the Photographers SEO Community is so great as you can get help easily.
Take those keywords and drop them into the Google AdWords Keyword tool to see the search volume. You may be surprised how often some of those keywords get searched.
Now I would like to hear from you. Leave a comment below with what your main keyword is and the top 3 alternatives that you found using Google’s Related Search tool.
Thanks for reading,
How We Help You Rank
You'll understand SEO.
- The Photographer's SEO Book is the industry standard reference guide for optimizing photography websites.
- The Virtual SEO Workshop is the same one we give to expensive in person seminars.
- Blog Zen SEO and 7 other ebooks and videos.
And get exposure, links, and contacts.
- We promote you from our sites, which means exposure and links.
- Because we promote you, we only work with established, talented photographers and photography-related businesses - those who deserve to rank. We decline membership for those who don't fit. That means you're in a community of equals.