We want to stress the fact that link building is extremely important to your SEO efforts.
However, Google’s latest updates have made it more difficult for your link building methods.
9 Frowned Upon Link Building Methods
- Article marketing (e.g., websites like ezinearticles)
- Blogs with 1 article (create a Tumblr account, posting and walk away)
- Low quality link exchanges
- Low quality press releases (use legitimate press release publishers)
- Link farms (pay for links on hundreds of websites at once)
- Social profiles (too many links in profiles)
- Forum spam (too many links in signatures and profiles)
- Comment spam (too many comments obviously intended for SEO)
- Domain spam (purchasing domains specifically for SEO purposes and using redirects or canonical)
You may be wondering what you can do for link building that can get around Google’s updates.
What To Do
- Members of the Photographers SEO Community have the ability to submit profiles to the Featured Member section of the blog. The links that get included in these unique articles are high quality, very valuable, to SEO link building efforts.
- Next up is DSLRBlog. This blog can provide a high quality link to your website. You can submit your “story-behind-the-image” article there or a blog article topic of your choice. Submit your article by clicking here.
- Seven by Five is a lot of fun and has over 12,000 Twitter followers. It’s another high quality blog that accepts “Photo Profiles” and other photography articles. Head over to Seven By Five to get started.
- Last. but definitely not least, is another tip from our link building hub. Submitting your articles to various guest blog series. For instance, on my person website I have a series where photographers can submit a 300 word article on what inspires them. The list of guest blog series are only available to Photographer SEO Community members through the link building hub.
So there you have it – a few great ways to build links naturally.
For more great advice and to boost your SEO strategy, join the Photographers SEO Community today.
Thanks for reading and keep rocking your SEO!
How We Help You Rank
You'll understand SEO.
- The Photographer's SEO Book is the industry standard reference guide for optimizing photography websites.
- The Virtual SEO Workshop is the same one we give to expensive in person seminars.
- Blog Zen SEO and 7 other ebooks and videos.
And get exposure, links, and contacts.
- We promote you from our sites, which means exposure and links.
- Because we promote you, we only work with established, talented photographers and photography-related businesses - those who deserve to rank. We decline membership for those who don't fit. That means you're in a community of equals.