I’ve already shared some interesting information on comment marketing.
But now I want to share two things to avoid doing in your comment marketing efforts.
Stop link building spam
Here is one perfect example of link building spam
The company commented with an obvious advertising style text and included a link to their website. WordPress caught it as spam, because it is.
This is one of the worst things you can do. This person used a link building tool that automatically comments and includes your specified keyword where the % is placed. As you can see, the tool didn’t work so well. WordPress also caught this as spam, because it is.
Start comment marketing
Now it’s time for you to refocus your content marketing promotion time in comment marketing. It’s important and worthwhile, because if done correctly you will drive more traffic to your website.
Manually search for articles worth commenting on. Read the previous comments and create something that people will enjoy. Comment with your engaging text that will make people want to click the URL in your profile without you pushing them to do it by way of spammy words.
Give it a shot and then come back here to tell me how it went.
Thanks for reading,
How We Help You Rank
You'll understand SEO.
- The Photographer's SEO Book is the industry standard reference guide for optimizing photography websites.
- The Virtual SEO Workshop is the same one we give to expensive in person seminars.
- Blog Zen SEO and 7 other ebooks and videos.
And get exposure, links, and contacts.
- We promote you from our sites, which means exposure and links.
- Because we promote you, we only work with established, talented photographers and photography-related businesses - those who deserve to rank. We decline membership for those who don't fit. That means you're in a community of equals.